Research shows that the sun’s Ultraviolet (UV) Rays can cause cataracts and may be linked to a number of serious eye diseases. You need to protect your eyes year round because UV Rays reach your eyes from the sky and are reflected from snow, water and sand…
What Type Of Damage Can Happen To My Eyes?
If you don’t wear sun protection for your eyes, you may see the following:
- Cataracts- Clouding of the lens inside the eye, impairing vision
- Abnormal Tissue Growth – On the White Part of the eye (Ptergiums)
- Corneal Sunburn –Burn to the front of the eye (Photokeratitis)
- Corneal Damage – From long term exposure to UV Rays (Corneal Degeneration)
- Retinal Damage – Faster Retina aging process, leading to (Macular Degeneration)
What Can I Do To Protect Myself And My Family From UV Damage?
- Wear Sunglasses that clearly state; 100% UV Protection
- Wear Prescription Sunglasses with a UV Coating AND a Tint
- Wear Prescription Sunglasses with a removable Sunglass Clip
- Wear Transition Lenses that change Tint to the amount of UV Rays
(These lenses have a Scratch Coating, UV Coating and a Changeable Tint)
Kids NEED Sunglasses Too!!!
We recommend Polycarbonate Lenses because they are Impact Resistant and they offer UV Protection.
Schedule a consultation with Concept Eye Care today so you can keep your eyes “Sun-Safe” and healthy.